Saturday, March 25, 2017

YouTube Awesome Clips on Early Retirement

Recently I was bored and started searching early retirement youtube clips, and came across these interesting clips. Sure most of these clips are in US context, that's why I'm hoping to start something more localised here. But still, it is good to be used as inspiring references for your goal :)

Below is a clip about retiring by 40 (US context). Mainly they talk a lot about moving to a cheaper country to live. If you live in Singapore, hey, you could do that too! Thailand, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam!  For me, it's probably going to be Malaysia although I do fantasied about living in Japan and maybe I'll write a post about that one day on why I think that is possible! But back to this clip...

Click here

The next clip is also by the same person, I've already added him to my Facebook like page :P It is about budget travelling and long term living in well, South East Asian country. The example here is Cambodia, and I really like the way he explains it, that it is possible if you just want to stay abroad for a short period of time. I totally agree with him. I stayed in Bali before for 2 weeks, and the cost was really low. Each meal was SGD7, and that's in a cafe or restaurant! I could have easily survived on less if I had wanted to! Anyway, watch this clip to get some idea on cheap long holidays.

Lastly, here my fave clip and hero of early retirement, the ever so cool Mr Money Moustache. He has a blog full of resources and I have added it on the right side reference link. And this clip is the most entertaining one I've seen so far on youtube. The wonderful thing about him is, he has since retired for 10 years! Starting at around 30! So yeah! Plan early! Plan ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment